Thursday, September 25, 2008

W'z up with us...




Okay, am I the only one who still gets freaked out every time I find the pretend plastic spiders all over the house? It doesn't seem to matter where they end up...even the one in the dishwasher sent my heart racing. We even have several from the dollar store that are way too big to look realistic but for some reason, if it's dark and they are lurking under a bed, it just seems possible. I mention this because we have accumulated these spiders from our annual tradition of spinning Halloween spider webs and it's about time to break out the stringy stuff again.


As I exchanged summer grapevines for autumn leaves in our kitchen, my kindergartner wandered in and protested, "Put those back! I'm not ready for summer to be over!" I feel the same way. We ended our summer with a visit to Coure d'Alene, ID for a family reunion and the opportunity to see friends from dental school and friends who have moved away. With the start of school came our old routines, karate, gymnastics, scouts, music lessons, soccer....Our seasoned 3rd grader adjusted fine, but Jacob was shocked when I woke him up to go to school AGAIN the 2nd day! Aubrey goes to preschool 1 day a week (it's supposed to be 3 days but we would miss her too much!) and Grant is beginning to talk- he can say Daddy, doggie, and sit. He is quite enamored with both Daddy, and our doggie (who is learning to sit, of course).


That's w'z up with the Wassmers. Enjoy those last dregs of summer while you can. And happy hanging of spider webs...

2 comments:

All for J's said...

Hello Wazzees, I must admit the spider pic creeps me out. I couldn't scroll down fast enough :) Have the kids decided what they are going to be for Halloween or is it too soon? Sending some love from Vegas, Jen and Fam

Lindsay, Steve, Alex, Sammi, Drew said...

Just saw an old email with your blog address and thought I would check it out and say hi. We've moved! Steve is at Abbott Labs. Have you heard of Ensure or Pedialite? Yup! That's the place. Here is address to see our little kiddies!
http://scrogblog.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment