I've learned a few things as we try to sell this house with road construction threatening to undermine our plans...a suburban may be large, but it cannot hold all the laundry we are trying to hide. I've also learned that it's not a good idea to try to have things "perfect" with a little boy who has the habit of going through every cupboard and drawer (and yes, he can climb). But I'm the most surprised at how sad I feel sometimes as we paint over the fingerprints and start saying goodbye to this first home of ours. I will miss the neighbor across the street who calls Aubrey "Mary Poppins". I will miss eating raspberries this June and playing Laundry cowboys as we wrangle the clothes down 2 flights of stairs. I will miss looking at our walls and remembering the many nights that Kyle and I stayed up late, grumbling together about the 70's style wallpaper (yes, there was glitter). I know you're not supposed to get attached to things like houses, and I'm not...it's just that the house happens to be wrapped up in so many happy memories and emotions. So for now I will just keep chanting "no more getting scalded in the shower" and look forward to taking this fun family with me to our new place where we can leave our mark/fingerprints all over again.
3 comments:
What lovely memories! Take lots of pictures to remind yourself of your first home. Why are you moving?
I wish you would just stay! We will miss you guys!
Just kidding-guess we are staying after all...things didn't work out like we planned! But we are happy to stay for awhile and glad to be done with the clean house experiment.
Post a Comment