Sunday, March 02, 2008

First Place in the Derby!





Dallin took home first place yesterday in the Pine Wood Derby...he goes to the city finals in 2 weeks. Dad helped by testing it thoroughly at the church to make sure the wheels ran smooth and straight. Dallin helped by sanding, painting, and cheering it on! We especially like the flames.


Jacob was very brave and decided to go to a group practice with kids who play the violin. He was fantastic and even took the stage to play a duet with Miss Laura.


Aubrey has contributed a picture to this blog...her X's and O's cover the page and mean that she loves you.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Congratulations! And even better looking than the car is that handsome young cub scout. Well done, Jake. I'll watch for you at the concert hall in Amsterdam. And I love, I mean, I xxxxxxx your picture Aubrey.
Grandpa Hancock

Anonymous said...

Dallin, !!!!!! Way to go!!!!! Congratulations on all of your wins and especially the last one to win the honors of the night!! I am very proud of you!!!!! Good luck at the City tournament. You are a winner already in my book!! Love, Grandma Hancock
Jacob, WOW!!!!!! I am so proud of you for playing your violin in front of people!!!!! I haven't played mine for anyone except our family and one good neighbor!!!! Keep up the great work!!! Love, Grandma Hancock
Aubrey, I loved your picture!!!!! You are already a wonderful artist and I'm sure your are having fun drawing more each day!! What a good idea to invite mom to your room for a party!!!!!!! I love you!!!! Love Grandma

Heidi said...

Glad to see Kyle's skills came in handy to win the thing. Our pack didn't track the cars-- it was just racing for fun. Evidentally, it's not PC to declare a winner here anymore (and I'm sure the fact that anyone can go to the district race had something to do with it). Glad to see photos of you guys! It's been fun reading the archives catching up with your life. Your family is just beautiful. We need to get together this summer!!!

Post a Comment