
This is our first year with both boys in some form of baseball. Dallin has moved on to machine pitch and it is serious stuff. His coach has scheduled 3 extra practices and gives moving speeches about sportsmanship and dedication. The boys on his team are competitive and focused...and then, there's teeball...Jacob will sometimes hit the ball and get so excited that he goes back to the bench to sit down and do it again. They enjoy sifting the dirt of the field through their hands and picking weeds while they are waiting for a ball to come their way. It is a thrill to watch both boys learn the game and improve...and they will both tell you that the most important part of practice is the snack. Play ball!
2 comments:
Dad sent me an email telling me that when he was 14 yrs old, the neighborhood boys asked him to be their coach since their dads were not able to...he said it was a thrilling experience! I was so impressed I thought I would share it with you.
I didn't know that about Darrell! Good work Dallin and Jacob!!! Baseball is a great sport!!! Love, Grandma
Post a Comment